Yoga for Everybody is a wonderful introduction to your at home Yoga practice. In Basics to Strong Beginners, you won't be overwhelmed with complex postures that seem out of reach. Instead, you'll get practice methods and tips to help you understand how to make your practice work for you at all levels. This includes:
- A background talk for several categories of postures to learn what they are, how they might help you, and when you should avoid them
- Several short practices, each one focusing on a different group of postures (i.e. a Standing Posture practice, a Backbending practice, etc)
- Information on how to use "props" in your practice AND what you can use if you don't have traditional Yoga props
- A "heads up" on some common practice mistakes and what to do instead
- A separate Relaxation Pose to use when you are feeling tired or stressed
- Suggested combinations of the shorter videos you can put together to create your own practice
- A well-rounded, full length Yoga practice
With this course, you can mix and match the shorter videos to create your own unique practices that can change every day to suit your needs and schedule. The slow moving, alignment-oriented style is great for those just getting started and people who have practiced before but are looking for a deeper understanding of the movements. This course will help you gain both strength and flexibility, improve your balance, and move toward a deeper understanding of yourself as a whole, which is what yoga was originally meant to do.
Lorrie Blockhus is the founder of Om Sweet Om Yoga, LLC in northern Wisconsin. She is known for her attention to detail and guiding students of all levels into their own perfect expression of each posture. She now offers a variety of Yoga styles that reflect her own evolving practice as well as that of her students. Regardless of style, her classes tend to have a foundation in anatomy and structural alignment which keeps students of all levels safe and focused in their practice. This also meets the beginning student in a place they can understand and physically feel and see. On a deeper level, her words and cues bring a more subtle spirituality that allows her students to transcend the physical body without a lot of confusing "mystical" language. Her intention is to help her students work both intelligently and intuitively to create stability, freedom, and growth in body, mind, and spirit.